If you are identified as having disclosed the leaked information, you may face civil or criminal legal action and/or experience detrimental treatment, including dismissal by your employer as a result. Re-Check understands that the protection of your identity is therefore of paramount importance, and whilst there are always some risks involved, there are steps you can take to minimize the risks, including:
- Using a secure browser, such as TOR Browser;
- Only using our secure messaging service to contact us;
- Using a personal or public computer and NOT a work computer;
- Not discussing your intention to leak information with anyone else;
- Not discussing information you have submitted to us with anyone else;
- Considering whether you can be identified by the information you are supplying.
If you would like independent advice, you can talk to whistleblowing help organisations about the potential legal implications of your disclosure. A list provided by Fishyleaks can be a good place to start.